10.24.2010

weekend project

The ladies of the "crochet club" (yes, we're dorks) and I have been trying to learn how to crochet a hat. This is especially difficult since we do not know the crochet lingo or how to read a pattern. No worries, that is what youtube and ehow are for! However, after three attempts to make a hat from a tutorial Bonita found on youtube (I did everything right, but the hat was clearly made to fit an elephant not a human), I decided to make my own hybrid from the crochet stitch I learned on the tutorial and from counting the number of stitches on a crocheted hat that I already own. Fortunately, this hat did turn out because after crocheting the same hat three times and each time unraveling what I had done, I was ready to give up and just buy a hat and say I had done it. Luckily, there is an easy to follow tutorial for making the crochet flower that adorns the hat: slinky crochet flower. I did not have to repeatedly rework the flower....thank goodness!
I'm smiling because I am glad it is over. I think I will finish the scarf and pot holder that I started prior to making this hat...I could use a simpler project!

1 comment:

  1. This is FANTABULOUS! I love it! I took one knitting class and realized I wasn't patient enough...I am so proud of you for being so dern crafty!

    ReplyDelete